When you consider adding a hot tub to your deck or backyard, the idea is to create an outdoor space where you can relax. Whether you use it for the health benefits of a hot water soak, romantic evenings with your partner, or socializing with friends and family, the hot tub has become the quintessential addition to outdoor areas!
While hot tubs themselves are available in a variety of sizes and design styles to suit every need, the choices of hot tub covers are also immensely varied. These covers were initially designed to be practical but have become a design choice on their own as well. For those of you who are unfamiliar with their purpose, hot tub covers are used for:
- Providing protection from environmental debris like dirt and dust as well as leaves, insects, etc.
- Preventing heat loss due to evaporation from the warm water by insulating the tub when it is not in use.
- Preventing accidents like pets or children falling into the water when no one is around.
- Adding to the decorative appeal of the landscape when the tub is not in use.
How Can You Find the Perfect Hot Tub Covers for Your Needs?
It can be a difficult task to choose between all the different options that are available for hot tub covers. In order to make the choice best suited for you, keep the following points in mind while making a purchase:
- Size – This is the most important aspect of the decision, as the cover you buy needs to fit the surface and sides of your tub perfectly. Gaps or space around the edges would let in debris and allow heat to escape, which defeats the purpose of buying it in the first place!
- Sturdiness – The covers you purchase need to be able to handle the heat rising from the water as well as the chemicals that may splash on them. Also, they will be facing the constant onslaught of sun, wind and dust from the outside, so they should be strong enough for the task. You may save some money on the spot by buying flimsy covers, but remember that frequent damage means they will need to be replaced more often.
- Quality – It’s always wise to buy appliances and spares of the best quality, and it is the same with hot tub covers. Purchasing inferior quality covers means that they will not perform their task effectively so you would have to waste time and money on cleaning the hot tub or heating the water more often.
- Design and Style – Choose hot tub covers that complement the rest of your outdoor décor and do not look out of place. Neutral colors are the most widely available choice, for this reason, so consider picking one of these over the bright and flashy alternatives. Those may look good in the store but could be a complete eyesore in your backyard!
When you are making a decision about buying spares and supplies for your hot tubs, like hot tub covers, make sure to check if the manufacturer has any recommendations. Some suppliers also offer package deals when you are purchasing the hot tub, with covers that are the right fit for each one, so check these out as well!