When it comes to legal issues in your family, life can be very difficult. You have to face different circumstances. You have to be the backbone of your family, especially your kids. This is not something that you can take lightly. This is a serious situation and you might need the help of the best family lawyers in Australia. During these difficult times a family lawyer would be able to help you deal with your family affairs. He or she can provide you with legal advice from adoption to divorce, drafting of documents needed, as well as during court presentations.
What Is Family Law?
Family law covers a broad range of issues that involves marriage and children. The most common is divorce or annulment, child custody and visitation rights, spousal alimony, and child support payments. Family law is more focused on cases that involves children like adoption and/or guardianship, child protection, as well as domestic violence. Other than that, there are so many legal topics that is covered by the family law.
Instances When You Need A Family Lawyer
When it comes to family lawyers Melbourne, there are so many for you to choose from. If you are wondering if your situation would need assistance and help from a family lawyer, then you have come to the right place. You have to remember that not all family law lawyers have the experience with each of these areas. It is important that you ask the lawyer if which areas does he or she practices to make sure that he or she is the right attorney that you need.
Here are some instances when you need a family lawyer:
- Adoption. Permanent legal transfer of the parental rights from a person/couple to another person/couple.
- Alimony. Court-ordered provision for the spouse after the separation or divorce.
- Child Abuse. Cases where there is physical maltreatment or/and sexual molestation of a child.
- Child Custody. The legal term of guardianship used to describe the relationship of a parent/guardian and a child.
- Child kidnapping. Unauthorized removal of a child/minor from the custody of the natural parents or the legally-appointed guardian.
- Civil Unions And Domestic Partnerships. Interpersonal relationship between two people.
- Dissolution of mariage.
- Legal union of two individual as partners that are in a personal relationship.
- Prenuptial Agreements. Contract that is entered before marriage.
- Property Settlements. This involves a property that the couple obtained before or during the marriage.
- Legal Separation. A legal process where married couple formalize their separation while staying legally married.
- Spousal Abuse/Violence. Abuse by a person against another in a domestic setting like in marriages.
Family Lawyer Services, Is It Expensive?
Most of the time, family lawyers charge by the hour. There are others who use flat rates for certain services like document reviews. When it comes to how much a family lawyer charges, that would depend on where you live as well as the complexity of your case. If you are not sure, you can set a rate with your family lawyers Melbourne up front so that you know what to expect. So check out with the best lawyers in Australia and find out your options if you are seeking legal assistance with any cases mentioned above.